An interesting announcement drew my attention today. File hosting service Docstoc (http://www.docstoc.com/) is released a nice alternative solution for sending large attachments to friends, family, and co-workers. A small application, called OneClick (http://www.docstoc.com/oneclick), installed on your computer enables a right-click contextual menu, allowing easily send a file located on your hard drive either publicly or securely to your online free storage. Once the file’s been transferred, you will get a link to the Docstoc-hosted document inserted into a new e-mail message that your recipient can open and read.
Sounds interesting already? When I checked the related site, I found that it provides an interesting solution for the blog owners as well for sharing documents in several popular formats (.doc, .pdf, .xls, .ppt) with the blog readers. Embedding the document in the blog or Web Site is easy as ABC. The entire process consists from five steps:
- Upload your document to Docstoc Web Site, or find a document already residing in your Docstoc account, or any other public accounts. You can even upload document anonymously, if you do not feel like register or login.
- Get to the page where the document is uploaded.
- Find the embed code on the right from the document display page and copy the code inside the box in full.
- Change the embedded object settings if needed (for example, box display box dimensions).
- Embed the code on your blog or Web Site.