Deepest Sender is a blogging client that runs inside popular browsers Firefox, SeaMonkey, and XULRunner.
So, Deepest Sender is a blogging client for Firefox-based applications. What does this mean? Well, it means that instead of having to go to the Update page on LiveJournal/WordPress/Blogger/whatever, or loading up a separate client program, all you have to do is hit Ctrl+\, or click the button in your toolbar, and you can start posting.
Advantages over using update pages:
* Multiple accounts - You can have multiple accounts in Deepest Sender, and quickly switch between them.
* WYSIWYG - An integrated mini-HTML editor, with countless hacks implemented to get it to function as well and as neatly as possible. You can also switch between that and source view, or preview mode. No more typing countless <li> tags!
* Sidebars! You can load up Deepest Sender in the Mozilla/Firefox sidebar, and post from there.
* Drag and drop - select part of a page, drag it onto DS, and it's there!
* Music detection - if you have Foxy Tunes installed, or are running Windows and are using a plugin for your media player that is compatible with the Windows Media Player blogging plugin, then you can have music automatically detected for you. If you can get your player to write song details to a text file, then DS can detect the current music from that, too.
* Spellchecking - if you're running Firefox 2 or SeaMonkey with spellcheck installed, you can spellcheck your entries!
* Crash recovery - if Mozilla/Firefox crashes while you were halfway through typing up a huge entry, don't worry! When you next load Deepest Sender up, it'll try and recover as much of your post as possible.
* Load and save drafts - want to come back to something later? Save it as a draft, then get to work on another post. You can load it back up later.
* Easily edit posts - instead of poking through LiveJournal's edit system, just hit Ctrl+Shift+H, and use the calendar to find the post you were after, load it up, and edit it. If you're using other blogging protocols, you can easily search through the last 15 posts.
* Offline mode - Can't connect? Well, type away at your post, then load Deepest Sender at a later time when you can connect to your server!
Advantages over other clients:
* Easy installation - go to the Deepest Sender site (or Mozilla update), click install, restart your browser, and start posting! Even if you're on a computer account that doesn't have administrative priveliges (on Firefox)!
* Small download - how many other blogging clients are under 300KB?
* Cross-platform - Deepest Sender will run on any OS that Firefox will run on. Type up posts at work on your Windows computer, then come home and type up more posts on your Linux box - using the same program!
Screenshots (Click to Enlarge):
Developers Website: http://deepestsender.mozdev.org/
Latest software release: 0.9.3 (June 2, 2010).
Direct Client Download: http://downloads.mozdev.org/deepestsender/deepestsender-0.9.3.xpi
Review more free software for blog publishing (48 items to choose from at the moment) at RateItAll Rating List.