I probably do not need to explain to the readers of this blog, what is Imgur, but in case you have not heard about this service, I would definitely recommend exploring and using it for your purposes. It is the free image hosting service, which was originally designed as a gift to the online community of Reddit, but very rapidly outgrow its initial purpose, becoming one of the most popular image hosting services on the Web.
I am using it for Reddit, Blogger, and some other purposes, it is fast, reliable, free, and does not suck, as was promised by Alan Schaaf, project developer, in 2009, at its birth (I mean Imgur, not Alan J).
Today, I would like to present not the Imgur service per se, but the free tool, which helps you to use it better, faster, more efficiently.
MyImgur is very handy capture and uploader tool for Windows. Intuitive 1-click actions and simple settings to very quickly capture areas of your screen or specific windows and send them to Imgur for sharing, or select a few files from your computer and drag them to Imgur to have them sent in a batch without any further actions. It is also the -only- desktop application with full Imgur account support.
* Full Imgur account support (upload to selected album, create/delete albums, delete all albums pics, favorite last upload etc)
* Formats supported: Jpg, Bmp, Png, Gif
* Context-menu shell extension for right-click on pictures > Send to Imgur (x86/x64)
* Batch uploads, drop all your pics in the window and they’ll be automatically queued
* Smart settings to automatically adjust picture quality or size for faster uploads
* Crop live areas of the screen
* High quality PNG captures
* Capture DirectX surfaces
* Select specific windows to capture through Aero Thumbnails
* Paste images from clipboard
* G15/510 Logitech keyboard LCD applet
* Hot-keys support for all features
* Supports all multiple monitor span configurations
* Keep a log of all your uploads, including online delete URL
* Select between only capture (and store in disk), only upload, capture&upload, only capture to clipboard
* Copy last image to clipboard
* Native win32 code, does NOT need .net framework
* 32 and 64-bit versions
* Portable version available